When we think of character building, "mistakes" may be a word that comes quickly to the mind. Here are some tips for overcoming obstacles in our career or life paths.
- Don't let your past create your future. Respond to the unexpected by making a conscious choice to avoid the victim mentality.
- When you reach roadblocks to your success, don't give up. Rarely does anyone succeed without overcoming obstacles.
- If you want to win, stay in the game. Don't let temporary failure cause you to miss out on permanent success.
- Consciously choose your attitude. Successful people cultivate a habit of positive enthusiasm.
- Be easy on yourself and everyone else. We are all works in progress.
- Don't waste your energy on looking for someone to blame. Choose to see the positives and opportunities to grow, even in the face of adversity.
- Accept constructive criticism as a gift. It can enlighten you to the changes you need to make to be successful.
(Source: "12 Choices...That Lead to Your Success" by David Cottrell)