(Item# PROLIS - $49)
It is estimated that people screen out or misunderstand the intended meaning or purpose of a message in over 70 percent of communications, making listening the biggest contributing factor to miscommunication. The Personal Listening Profile® is a 16-page instrument that helps individuals understand how to listen more effectively in a variety of situations and identify which of the five listening approaches they use to process, organize, store, and retrieve information. The five areas include:
- Appreciative: Listens in a relaxed manner, seeks enjoyment, entertainment, or inspiration.
- Empathic: Listens without judging, is supportive of the speaker, and learns from the experiences of others.
- Comprehensive: Listens to organize and make sense of information by understanding relationships among ideas.
- Discerning: Listens to get complete information, understand the main message, and determine important details.
- Evaluative: Listens in order to make a decision based on information provided and may accept or reject messages based on personal beliefs.
The Personal Listening Individual Report highlights strengths and growth areas for each communication style and provides specific suggestions for communication skills improvement. It also helps people understand when their most natural listening approach may not be appropriate, and how to adopt another approach for more successful communication.
You can use the Personal Listening Profile to:
- Enhance communication.
- Strengthen customer relationships.
- Improve management effectiveness.
- Reduce conflict.
- Develop leadership effectiveness.