The Team Dimensions Profile identifies five team roles and what an individual plays on the team based on their natural style. The team roles include:
- Creators: generate new ideas and fresh concepts.
- Advancers: communicate new ideas and carry them forward.
- Refiners: analyze ideas for flaws or revise projects systematically.
- Executors: deliver concrete results and seek successful implementations.
- Flexers:have an equal preference for most or all of the roles and can often adapt their styles to fit the team’s needs
The Team Dimensions Profile maps the flow of assigning roles, completing tasks, and handing off tasks to other team members through the “Z Process.” In this relay process, tasks are passed from Creators to Advancers, from Advancers to Refiners, and from Refiners to Executors. Flexers fill in the gaps to keep the process moving forward. When each team member takes the profile, it is quickly learned who needs to be placed in what position based on natural talents to ensure a high-quality output is achieved.
CAPITALIZE ON INDIVIDUAL STRENGTHS FOR TOTAL TEAM PERFORMANCE
As organizations rely more on teams to innovate, problem-solve, produce, and compete at the speed of change, understanding and capitalizing on individual approaches to group processes is key to creating high-performance teams. Use the Team Dimensions Profile to:
- Match individual strengths with team roles.
- Build team unity.
- Foster innovation.
- Shorten project cycle time.
- Reduce conflict.