Creating an open exchange of differing ideas in which parties feel equally heard and respected is both healthy and productive. No one likes conflict but this session is designed to help learners curb destructive behaviors so the conflict can become productive, ultimately improving results and relationships
Participants Will Learn
- About triggers for conflict and destructive behaviors and how to best manage.
- About productive responses that will invite conversation.
- How to prepare for and minimize situations before they escalate.
- How to assess conflict situations and select the most appropriate resolution.
- Five steps for dealing with the angry and difficult situations.
Lesson 1: Defining Conflict
Lesson 2: Productive Management Techniques
Lesson 3: Dealing with The Difficult
For a more detailed Course Outline, contact us.