On-line Sessions for Ease and Convenience
If you need a safe and efficient way to offer training for your employees or members of your business group or association, check out these courses that are already built in a one or two-hour format.
Each session can be offered via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Webex. Every class includes a participant workbook with job aids that would be sent to participants prior to the engagement.
Email us at [email protected] or call us at 716.681.9988 for pricing and further details.
Delivering Effective Presentations
In this two-hour session, individuals will learn the elements of a successful presentation and how to connect with their audience every single time. Participants will be provided with an effective format to create powerful content and strategies to enhance their delivery methods for any type of presentation or project update they may need to conduct. Areas that will be covered include:
- Individual and group model presentations
- Delivering material effective in person or virtually
- Using presentational aids properly
Standout for Success
In this two-hour session, the concepts in the Strength Series of books by Marcus Buckingham, namely “StandOut – Find Your Edge at Work” will be explored. The StandOut Assessment measures nine strength roles and reveals the top two for each participant. Exploring these roles will help participants understand what truly makes them unique and how to use these talents to be more productive and find happiness at work. Each person will take an on-line assessment prior to the course. Areas that will be covered include:
- Using strengths to find your edge
- Clarify the right career path at work
NYS requires all employees to have annual sexual harassment training. This one-hour session is designed to increase an employees’ understanding of sexual harassment and other forms of harassment and its prevention. Participants will learn about the law, how to report an incident, and how to handle various situations in the workplace to ensure it is harassment free! Areas that will be covered include:
- Types and forms of harassment
- The law, policies and procedures
- How to handle situations when they arise
How to Ramp up When Your Burnt Out
As a leader, you spend most your time focusing on your team, managing customer expectations, solving problems, and achieving goals. You are concerned with managing organizational and people needs but what happens when you start feeling burnt out? How do you navigate through this state of being while still succeeding in your role? In this one-hour session we will review burnout, causes and cures, and help you ramp up to get to the other side. Areas that will be covered include:
- What’s the difference between burnout and stress
- The top five factors that correlate most highly with employee burnout
- Signs of burnout and take the burn out test
- The top strategies that will help you ramp up
How to Navigate Conversations During a Crises
As COVID-19 continues to disrupt how we operate, one of your top priorities as a leader is to ensure that your staff continues to feel supported and safe. One of the most effective ways of doing this is through one-on-one conversations.
Checking in regularly to manage emotions, answering tough questions, and addressing pressing concerns is the best thing you can do to help employees stay productive and engaged. The areas that will be covered in this one-hour session include:
- Myths about having conversations during difficult times
- Five reasons for having
- Leadership tips for critical conversations
- Templates to use for all type of communication meetings
Technical Business Writing
In this two-hour session, individuals will develop their writing skills to become more proficient in creating technical documents. Participants will discover how to manage data, facts and information to tell a compelling narrative. The phases for document writing will be explained with best practices shared to ensure a clear, concise and correct document is written every time. Areas that will be covered during this session include:
- How to manage information properly
- How to develop and write efficiently
- How to edit your document for clarity, tone and correctness
Emotional Intelligence at Work
Psychology Today defines emotional intelligence as an individual’s ability to identify and manage one’s own emotions and the emotions of others. When a person can intentionally manage his/her emotions effectively, it will produce better results when interacting with others.
Participants will receive a personalized profile to learn about their EI skills and behaviors to become more mindful and adaptable in the moment. Responses and strategies will be reviewed so individuals can apply approaches that will work for them.
The areas that will be covered in this two-hour session include:
- Developing skills in the areas of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- Learning about Agile EQ and 8 mindsets.
- Discovering how their DiSC style influences their EQ strengths.
- How to recognize other mindsets and apply concrete steps to use other mindsets when necessary.
DiSC for Professional Development
The DiSC profile helps individuals better understand themselves and others in a specific work environment to improve healthy relationships with others. Every participant will receive a personalized assessment that will reveal their natural tendencies and behaviors when interacting with others. In this two-hour session, individuals will learn how to capitalize on their strengths and increase their appreciation of other work styles. Areas that will be covered during this session include:
- Understanding observable behaviors and motivating factors of self and others.
- Learning about the Dominance, Influential, Steadiness, and Conscientiousness styles.
- Discover how to work and communicate effectively with all types of people.