“Out with the old, in with the new” as the saying goes. As we leave a decade behind us, it is cleansing for the mind, body and soul to identify what we are relieved to be letting go of and what we are looking forward to accomplishing in the future.
So take the time this week to conduct your “Reboot.” A simple process to help you do this is by:
- Old: Identifying all of the events this past year, or decade, that you navigated through with pain but thankfully survived the ordeal.
- New: Identify what new perspective or experience you gained from those events that will help you be a stronger person.
- Old: Identify one bad habit that you need to change.
- New: Create a list of behaviors that you are going to start doing today to transform the negative habit into a good one.
- Old: Identify a relationship in your life that has been draining you and what you need to change.
- New: Eliminate or reduce the amount of time spent in this relationship and find someone in your life who you need to invest more time with because they bring out the best in you.
This reboot, allows us to eliminate the things that are no longer a good fit for our lives and identify those things that will keep us energized and on the right path for the days ahead!